As a UK based registered charity we are eligible to recover tax on any donations made to us, providing you are a UK taxpayer.
By enabling us to claim the tax back on gifts made to Irish Retriever Rescue for the past four years, this is worth at least 25% more to us at no extra cost to you. There are a few important points regarding your Gift Aid donations that you should know:
- You must have paid an amount of income tax (and/or Capital Gains tax) at least equal to the value of the basic rate tax we will claim on your behalf in any given tax year. You have paid or will pay an amount of Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax for each tax year (6 April to 5April) that is at least equal to the amount of tax that all the charities or Community Amateur Sports Clubs (CASCs) that you donate to will reclaim on your gifts for that tax year. You understand that other taxes such as VAT and Council Tax do not qualify. You understand the charity will reclaim 28p of tax on every £1 that you gave up to 5 April 2008 and will reclaim 25p of tax on every £1 that you give on or after 6 April 2008.
- You may withdraw your permission for us to claim the tax paid on your donations. A cancellation only affects donations received from that date.
- Please notify us if you change your name or address.
- If in the future your circumstances change and you no longer pay tax on your income and capital gains equal to the tax that the charity reclaims, you can cancel your declaration.
- If you pay tax at the higher rate you can claim further tax relief in your Self Assessment tax return.
- If you are unsure whether your donations qualify for Gift Aid tax relief please contact us or ask your local tax office for leaflet IR65.
Gift Aid Declaration Form
Completing this tax recovery form will enable Irish Retriever Rescue to reclaim the tax you pay on donations. In order to Gift Aid your donation(s) you must tick the box below.